15 Ways to THE GOOD LIFE in 2015
The New Year is one of the most exciting times of our lives. A chance to wipe clean the slate and begin again. Anything and everything is possible. We can dream, we can create, we can express. The more authentic, the more real we are with ourselves and our intentions, the more effortless our being is. Take some time to look within and at the space available in your heart. Its capacity is unlimited if you choose to let it be! And then look at the world around you and decide how you are going to affect it! Be a force to be reckoned with!
Here are 15 ways to begin living a life that is REAL and Effortless! Open from the inside and reflecting light to the outside!
1. Be Kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato
2. How you do anything is how you do everything!
3. Don't be afraid to color outside of the lines.
4. When the going gets tough, relax your face, stick your tongue out and SMILE! It just feels good.
5. "To make something special you just have to believe it's special....There is no secret ingredient".... Everything you are seeking is already inside of you. ~Mr. Ping (Po's dad)~ Kung Fu Panda
6. Where the mind goes, the body will follow. ~Buddha
7. Heed your intuitions. Trust your instincts. Believe in things greater than any one of us could ever be.
8. In your workouts, "relax into the movement"....the words of one of my favorite movement specialists and mentors, Michol Dalcourt
9. Ask yourself the question, "Who Am I?" and learn about your inner roommate....from one of my all-time favorite books, The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer
10. Get your mind right! It's where it all starts. When your mind is right, you think right, eat right, move right. Thank you Todd Durkin, my mentor!
11. "Don't get into pain to get out of pain" - words of Sue Hitzmann of The MELT Method to relieve chronic pain and quiet the nervous system.
12. Remember in all things, "I am not yet my finished product" ~ a thought I keep with me often. We will make mistakes, we will pick ourselves up and move on. It is a continuous process of becoming. The best is yet to come if we keep striving and holding ourselves accountable to our "best practices" and daily action steps. One day we will look back and see how meaningful each step was.
13. At every opportunity, make eye contact with whoever you are with. Look them in the eyes and express what is in your heart, "you've got this" or "thank you".
14. Your body is your temple, a gift on loan to us. Nourish it with whole foods from the earth. If you can pull it from the ground or off of a tree, eat it! Words from Teri Mosey, one of my favorite holistic dietitians.
15. Read more, get massages often, exercise daily, play and explore.
AND THEN SOME....Always deliver more than you promise!
*1. Quiet the mind, go to the space between the thoughts and practice meditation. "Your mind is like this water, my friend. When it is agitated, it becomes difficult to see. But if you allow it to settle, the answer becomes clearer." ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda
**2. Persevere. We alone can work for what we want, no one can do it for us. "The man on top of the mountain did not fall there." ~ Vince Lombardi
***3. Inspire someone and live in a way that you cause others to win.
****4. Do not settle. Surround yourself with only the best
5STAR***** my favorite ~ Work Hard. Be Humble.
Your 2015 will be a year to remember!